Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Excitement

As a Textile artist, of sorts, I've collected quite an amount of fabric over the last 5 years especially.
At the start of last week, I pulled out everything and tried to make some sort of sense out of it.
Usually people gift me their cast offs (which is awesome, and I love it) but most of the time, I don't take the time, at the time, to sift through them, and make executive decisions about what should stay, and what should go...
What will actually get used at some point, and what is going to be taking up tons of space.
So I did that, and put all the things that, not in a fit would I ever use, into a 3 garbage bags for the charity shop...
But, in my travels, I stumbled across these which Im so pleased I found, because I totally forgot I even had them!




This is a small scrap of what might be upholstery fabric, I'm hazarding a guess, because I haven't a clue...Im not crazy about the neutral background, but all in all, I really like it, and want to do something with it that doesn't destroy it too much...I'm thinking about it...




This is a pillowcase cover...I can just imagine whoever stitched it, didn't enjoy what they were doing very much, either that, or they purposefully wanted it to look that way...It looks more like the way you mite paint it, rather then stitch it...I want to get some embroidery thread and tidy it up a bit...fill in the bowl, change some of the colors around, and then either make it into a very simple messenger bag, or leave is as it is, in its original purpose...I don't have nearly as many cushions as I would like ;)




This is, I am assuming, a table runner...for some reason I didn't take an overall picture of it...but anyway...its a longish oval-ish shape, and I do really like the detail...but Im not crazy about the colour...me and orange/yellow/red don't get on very well...so yes...I'd like to do a bit of a job on it...






And finally, another cushion cover, you can totally see the difference between this one and the first one...completely different style and feel...And because it is so perfect, Im not going to rush into this one...I think it mite be nice to sort of deconstruct it, in a way...take elements from the design and repeat them, faded, away from the flowers...growing across into the white space...
Im not sure yet...I don't want to destroy it...

No comments: